Crisis Lines

Find a Health Professional

Health Professionals

  • Psychiatrist– An individual who has obtained an M.D. degree and also has completed postdoctoral specialty training in mental and emotional disorders; a psychiatrist may prescribe medications.
  • Psychologist– An individual with a doctoral degree in psychology from an organized, sequential program in a regionally accredited university or professional school whose training is in the assessment and treatment of psychological problems.
  • Counselors– Licensed Counselors have a master’s or a doctoral degree in counseling or a related area and complete two years of supervised practice. They are licensed as independent providers of mental health services, including the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional issues, and use a variety of therapeutic techniques.
  • Clinical Social Worker/Therapist– Clinical social workers commonly hold a master’s degree in social work (or the equivalent) and have completed two years of supervised practice to obtain a clinical license. They may use a variety of therapeutic techniques, including psychodynamic therapy or cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Know Your Rights